Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just One of Those Days

This was one of those days when everything came together just right. It reinforced to me what it is that I love so much about coaching, CrossFit and working out with your buddies. I am going to sleep the sleep of a contented man tonight.

At 6am, I met a new CrossFit SurfCity member for an early morning workout. We opted to go through my Olympic lifting teaching progression instead of jumping into the 3 Bars of Death. This guy is a solid athlete and picked up on each of the movements with no problem. A natural. I had a great time coaching him. We are going to get another session in tomorrow morning before we both have some vacation time. He'll be cleaning and snatching in no time. So welcome to the club!!!

Then, at 5PM, the crew hit the park once again for a dose of Frelen. Unfortunately, Frelen was not in a good mood today an she took it out on us. She's actually kind of a b!%ch. 5 torturous rounds of: 800m run/15 95lb Thrusters/15 pullups. Although he definitely wasn't invited, Pukie came by and killed some grass.

As I was suffering along with my boys, I couldn't help but swell up with pride. As tired as we were, everyone was burying the squats on the Thrusters nice and deep. Heck, guys had grass stains on there shorts they were sitting so low. Pullups were being hammered out and there was no rest before starting the Bataan 800m. Aside from the occasional encouraging word, hard breathing and effort was all that could be heard. As the sun set on this group in the park, we all crossed the finish line. Frelen was done and we kicked her back to the curb where she belongs.

Exhausted, we drank water and recovered....and took over the babysitting duties because now it was the Moms' turn. Picture perfect, deep Thrusters and an impressive display of mental toughness was the result. Very cool watching tough hotties smack Frelen a couple in the chops.

To cut a long story short (yeah, I know...too late) we went out to eat meat and celebrate another great workout for CrossFit SurfCity.

The only blot on the day was the absence of one of our studs, a loyal CrossFit SurfCity member and just the guy to put Frelen in her place. He will be taking on this nasty chick tonight, alone. Good luck brother and see you at the next one. Goodnight and see you at the park.

Times:
DJ-43:23
SR-32:34
JC-34:00
Sgt: 23:09....what? Yeah you heard me. Freak. Nice work, cyborg. Hey who's the chick on the back of your bike? Oh, its Frelen. Out.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys. I think this is the only way I can contact anybody at Surf City. The email link is acting up. I haven't met any of you guys yet but want to start up with CrossFit SC soon. My email adress is below.

Mike

mikebargetto@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home