Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Laying the Foundation: My original post

Just to remind visitors what CrossFit SurfCity is about, I thought I'd reprint my original post here at the top (for you people who never make it to the bottom!!!) Please check out all the posts to see what we are REALLY about. And feel free to make any comments!!

"The original CrossFit started with some forward-thinking people tossing their awesome workouts out into cyberspace hoping someone might be interested in seeing what this crew was up to. Sort of a modern day message in a bottle. We all know what happened after that (check out crossfit.com if you stumbled into my blog by mistake.)Physical fitness is a passion of mine so I thought I might borrow from the CrossFit model. For now, I have a park, and some equipment I've collected over the years. And this blog where, if I can figure it out, I'll post my random thoughts for anyone or no one to see.

The Plan: I have an irregular schedule with my work. So, around the middle of the month, I will be posting my workout days for the following month. You will find me at the park on those days at the time listed. I'll train early in the AM or in the early evening. The workout will be the CrossFit WOD as written or with substitutions based on equipment. I also plan on teaching at these workouts. What is taught will depend on who shows up and what they want to learn.

What do I have to offer? I did practicum hours in the weight room at Ohio University and was able to learn from one of the greatest strength coaches around, Ethan Reeve. I then worked as a strength and conditioning coach at UCLA with non other than CrossFit Superstar Josh Everett and Stephanie Tracey. Both are currently D1 strength coaches and former coaches under Ethan Reeve. While at UCLA, I began learning from and competing for Coach Burgener...America's Olympic Lifting master. Later, I coached at Indiana University. Along the way my little brain was a sponge. I have volumes of notes, books, workouts and thoughts I gained from these incredible coaches and from working with some of the top athletes in the nation. O-lifts, kettlebells, speed and agility, basic strength....whatever your goals, I'd love to share what I've learned with you. As Dan John says, all you have to do is show up. See you at the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home