Sunday, September 10, 2006

Josh Everett's Times Questioned on CrossFit

A friend of mine mentioned Josh Everett's "Diane" time of 3:56 was challenged by someone. Fair enough. It is always good to ask questions. We can learn from the exceptional performances of others. I perused the posts and saw this individual actually challenged Josh's integrity. (Insert dumfounded moment of silence here.)
Well, numbnuts, whoever you are, here is my advice: Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Josh's feats are legend in the CrossFit community. In my 2 years working with him at UCLA and UCR, the weight room staff just shook their heads and muttered "freak" at most of the stuff he pulled off. 500lb back squat, 500+ Deadlift, Kettlebells for hours, and all this before breakfast....I got stronger just watching his workouts. AND Josh is the most honest guy I know. He has untarnished integrity. He is a loyal, hardworking, scrupulous and devoted friend. You can never doubt the numbers he puts up.
Guys like Josh and Greg set the standards we try to follow. Attacking them is attacking CrossFit. I was pleased to see several posts supporting Josh. The CrossFit attitutde is epitomized by cheering someone on to a better time than yours. There is no room for petty, unsubstantiated jealousy.
Josh is a member of CrossFit SurfCity and will be making appearances as his time permits. We will do our best to have Josh available for special teaching events so we can all learn from his vast knowledge. At these events, anyone who wants to challenge Josh's Fran time can. But you gotta put your money where your mouth is: $100 bones in the pot. See if you can walk away with the cash. (Hey, Josh we'll talk later about how we're going to split up all our cash...)
Thanks for letting me vent a little in support of a great CrossFitter and even better friend. Wait this is my blog-I can write whatever I want. Well then, I did "Diane" in 3:55....What? Why are you guys all laughing? Bastards :) I'm out.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger CrossFit Cape Fear said...

Awesome post!! Very well written... plus it is your blog!

From Fayeteville NC

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh's word is as solid as his performance. To doubt him is to not know him - as an athlete or a man.

I understand the natural incredulity in beholding the truly amazing, but wise men hold their suspicions for the light of evidence.

Beautiful site, Rocketman, and hard crew. Congrat's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home