Thursday, December 28, 2006

503, Part Deux


I am not a very patient man. On 12-14-06, I started a typical DL workout. 225x1, 295x1, 360x1, 410x1. All smooth and easy. I said to myself, "Self, I wonder how far we can go today. Let's see!!" 454x1 no problem. 476x1, tough but solid. Oh, it's on now!! 24 lbs is nothing. I went to put 500lbs on the bar....and it wouldn't fit. My fat (as opposed to phat) bumper plates were taking up too much room! Well, I was motivated to get this done. I'm quite a handyman (NOT) so I got a bright idea. I duct taped weight on top of the plates already on the bar. I got psyched and went for the lift. The above picture accurately depicts what happened. The tape failed, plates fell everywhere....a total miss. Defeated, I put 437lbs on the bar and did 3 singles. I was disappointed but confident the 500 was right aroud the corner.

12 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i love the duct taped plates! nice work on the deads and great posts.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding pic! You just freakin' motivate the hell out of me Rocket! PT!!!!

JP

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Stephane: Awesome job on 503! But I think we should take a collection at the next CFSC get-together and buy you some more plates, or a longer bar...

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strong work on the 5 bennie DL. Email me at gradymcd@msn.com, I have some pix to show for the next time you try DL'ing sanford n' son style.
grady mac

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jonathan Gilson said...

Stephane,
Nice work. Your pursuit of a singular goal is admirable. Every once in a while, I feel like Crossfit gets us caught up in too many objectives at one time.

Congratulations on the 500. You can be king shit of the dustpile down at Again Faster too!

Best,

Jon

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you'll duct tape the extra plates to the END, not the top!

cheers,
Linc

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger MT said...

coach reeve would be proud!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Red Green would be proud!

( he is Canadian actor whom is known for his duct tape projects )

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there... I was checking out the site for CrossFit, and I didn't see a contact email or phone. Can you provide it? Thanks!

gretazagarino@mac.com

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Linc you silly wit, if you notice, the whole problem was NO MORE WEIGHTS would FIT on the bar. The green ones on the end are taped on. There was no other place to tape the weight. I just got metal plates and that solved the problem. Stay tuned for the video....
Rochet

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so say someone wants to hire you as a coach... how do they contact you? Can you email me your contact information please?

Thanks!
gretazagarino@mac.com

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!!! i like ur bumper plates pic
really and ur blog is also very good..........
Bumper Plates

 

Post a Comment

<< Home